Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Taxes
Taxes are the one thing everyone hates. Everyone hates paying them but want more services provided by the state. I think toll roads, in the short-term, could help alleviate some of the deficit that states face but I don't think it is the answer. I also don't think that a flat tax is a long-term solution either. A flat tax takes a top to bottom approach to redistribution of wealth. That relies on a big assumption that wealthy people spend more money since they have more, which isn't always the case. There is no efficient way to assume how people spend money, because every person is different. I think the best way, which also appears to be hardest, is to find a way for the state to operate in a more streamlined, efficient way that reduces spending.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment